Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm a Keek, I'm a Weirdo

From Sunday's dance company performance at
the Lincoln Rehabilitation Center.

Saturday, I went thrifting with my friend Sarah.  I thought I made some pretty good purchases but only a few things fit Dancer and I properly.  Oops.  I had the most fun walking through the flea markets and antique shops.  One of them had live bluegrass music playing (think Oh Brother Where Art Thou style), so we were serenaded while we shopped.  That was really cool.  The two of us had lunch at Jimmy John's and then walked across the street to the grand opening of Cherry Berry.  Shhhh... we haven't told anyone in our family that we went without them.  ;)  I spent over $7 dollars on my frozen yogurt sundae and it was worth every cent!

After we were finished with lunch, she dropped me back off at home and I picked up Dancer and we head over to her house to visit with her and the kids and to have dinner.  She made her fabulous cheesy chicken casserole and I brought banana bread for dessert.  It didn't really bake up right (it fell a bit) and I thought it tasted strange but everyone else swears it tasted like banana bread should taste.

Sunday afternoon, Dancer had another dance company performance.  I didn't take video of anything this time because I was sitting at in an awkward spot.  Dad came again and we went out to eat at Hometown Buffet afterwards.

When we got home, I just vegged in my room the rest of the evening.  Dodger kept teasing me and calling me anti-social.  I think he wanted me to come out and hang out with him in the living room but he was watching basketball (yuck) and painting more shutters.  I just wasn't feeling like hanging out.  I watched the first episode of the new Netflix original series, Hemlock Grove, and made my first Keek.  Keek is like Instagram only for video.

I mention the daily self portrait project.  I started that on Instagram when I started my Facebook break at the beginning of April. It's loosely based on and inspired by what Kyeli talks about in this video on her blog.


When my friend, Deanna, joined Keek, I thought I'd give it a try, too.  It's far more uncomfortable for me to take video of myself than taking pictures of myself.  You can see that uncomfortableness written all over my face and in my voice in the video.  It's authentic.  It's real.  It's ok.  I am my worst critic and I'm working in all ways to be better about that and see my beauty both inside and out.

I want my view of myself to match up to what others see and to always put my best out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.