Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cool Company Shout Out: Ducti's Lifetime Replacement Warranty

It's just a little worn out, yo.

A few nights ago, during our jam session, I cleaned a stack of paperwork off of my record player in my bedroom.  Stuff gets done around here when I'm not on Facebook.  ;)  Amongst those papers was a padded envelope with Dodger's old duct tape wallet in it.  I've been meaning to send that back to the company for a replacement for over 6 months now.  Ducti, the company who made the wallet, has a lifetime replacement warranty on all duct tape wallets.  No receipt, no problem.  Worn beyond belief, they don't care.  Whatever shape it's in and no matter how long it's been, they will replace it for free plus the cost of shipping which is $6.50.

I was so excited to find this out last September that this is what I wrote on their Facebook page and shared with all of my friends.

September 2, 2012 
"I woke up today with my husband's worn out wallet on my mind. He's had this wallet for at least 10 years now. It's a duct tape wallet I found him wayyyyy before they became a "thing". I saw it in a little shop in central, IL while shopping with my mom. I instantly bought it for him because it reminded me of how he used to cover his binders and clipboards with duct tape when we were in high school and I had never seen a wallet made out of duct tape before and thought it was perfect for him.

So 10+ years later, the thing is seriously worn out. We've used pieces of other duct tape to repair it here and there but it's time to retire it. So I do a search for original duct tape wallet (because all that's left of the label on the wallet that's readable is duct) and end up figuring out that it's a Ducti brand wallet. they still make the wallets! I was going to buy him a new one ($17.95) but as I'm reading the description, I notice a link near the bottom of the page that says... Lifetime Replacement Warranty. So I click on it. They will replace any worn out wallet (with no receipt, no matter how old) for free. They only ask for the $6.50 shipping & handling costs! I just ship the old one to them and they'll send me a replacement. :) How cool is that!"
^^^^
What I told my friends just now in my excitement over not only finding the company that made my husband's awesome wallet and it's still in business and making the same wallet... but also because they stand by their product and offer a Lifetime Replacement Warranty!!!! Hello!!!! Could there be any better advertising!? You guys rock! :D

In comparison, the new HP printer I bought yesterday only has a 90 day warranty.  90 DAYS!  Wha?

Hey, Ducti, YOU ROCK!  This old wallet is heading your way soon.  I'm dropping it off at the post office tonight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.