Friday, April 19, 2013

Swallowed By Books

Spoken for!

The past few days have been a whirlwind of getting my groove back after a rough start to the week.  There's still no sun to speak of.  It rained again Wednesday night  and all through the day yesterday.  Lots of areas are flooded.  Luckily our regular path to the dance studio didn't have any large areas of water that would force me to turn around and find another way.  It's still dark and dreary outside today but the rain has stopped, for now.

Wednesday night, I organized my greeting cards, note cards, and stationery.  I have way too much.  I'll blame it on working at Hobby Lobby for 4-1/2 years of my life.  I also shoved a bunch more keepsake papers into a few boxes with some others to go through soon.  That night I also started going through the books on the shelves in my bedroom and listing them on PaperBackSwap.

Then yesterday, I was busy all day long.  I listed the rest of the books on my bedroom bookshelves, dusted, organized, and I am now ready to tackle the boxes and bags full of keepsake papers and pictures.  I had a total of 154 books listed.  15 of them are already spoken for.  55 of them are listed to swap and 84 of them are on my hold list.  I have a book list "a mile long" that I will schedule to read the rest of this year so that I can post them to swap when I'm finished.  Some books I will never swap but I put them on my hold list anyway just to have a visual record of them.

It feels fantastic to have that all done and know that I can, in short order, get to a project that I've been wanting to do for years... get my photos and keepsake pictures organized into scrapbooks and photo albums.

Books I'm keeping, for now.

Books I want to be rid of and some of the keepsake stuff.

All pictures and keepsake stuff... my next big project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.