Monday, May 6, 2013

Vampire Feathers in Doc Martins, Oh My

Super cute socks my sister got me for Christmas with my old school Doc Martins.
Just part of Saturday's outfit.

Now that my workouts are finished and my reviews complete, I can get to blogging here, which is the most enjoyable.

I had a busy weekend.  Dancer had dance company performances Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon.  She didn't go to my mom's any of those days.  Booooo.  That means Dodger and I didn't get an evening without the kid.  Booooo.

We went out to dinner with my dad after Friday night's performance and he came with us (us being most of the dance company girls and parents) to Cherry Berry on Sunday. Dodger came to her performance on Sunday but didn't come to Cherry Berry afterwards.  He just doesn't know what he's missing!  But he did pick us up Hardee's on the way home, so we had something to eat besides frozen yogurt.  ;)

She wouldn't smile, so I turned her into a vampire.

Did you catch my A Day In the Life post on Saturday?  I recorded myself throughout the day on Friday.  It truly is what a typical day in my life is like.  I wake up, do housework, exercise, blog, run Dancer somewhere, watch TV, and then go to bed.  You pretty much got the jist of how I live.  :)  I like it.  I have a lot of freedom.

Last night I spent most of my night working on my weekly workout schedule for this week.  It can take some time to track down and view videos to see if it's something I think I might want to try and if it will work with my physical limitations.  I also had a bit of a Fringe marathon.  I'm into Season 4 now, which started off slow after how Season 3 ended, but it's picking up.  I don't think Netflix is going to have Season 5 on there before I'm finished with Season 4, so I'll have to watch it online.

I did take a break in there to stretch my legs and do some straightening up around the house.  If I let things go for too long, they just pile up and then it takes more time to get it back in order.  So I try to be sure to be sure things that are just tossed around get picked up each day.

I also did some mending, sewing, and crafting for Dancer.  She had some things she wanted me to do.  I needed to sew a button on a pair of capris that I picked up from a thrift store recently.  I also needed to stitch up a hole that was starting in one of her pairs of dance tights.  Then I had to attach elastics to a new pair of soft ballet shoes.

After I finished those, I started in on creating the headpiece she wanted me to make her for her jazz routine in the upcoming Spring Dance Concert.  She had my mom pick her up a package of red feathers and also a big red flower barrette.  I managed to put the two together and make a really cute headpiece that will flow back the side of her head and bun.  I just needed some hot glue and strategic placement of the feathers.


What do you think?  Pretty cool, huh?  I think so and Dancer loves it.  :)  She doesn't love so much that I turned her into a vampire.  Maybe next time she'll smile.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.