Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hard Work, Yard Work, Gardening, and Pain

The part that I still needed to do after working on it yesterday is now done.

For lunch today, Dancer and I met my mom and stepdad at Hometown Buffet.  We were there to get together with other very much extended family members for a family reunion.  I really didn't find the long table very conducive for visiting.  Mom suggested that next year, we all get together at her house after lunch to visit.

After lunch, Dancer went with them to shop at Menard's for more garden pavers.  I dropped off a few more PaperBackSwap book requests at the Post Office and then after I got home, I got to work on the rest of the mess in the back yard.

I broke up the rest of the limbs, weed whacked the tall weeds, mowed, cut down some of the randomly growing trees, and chopped off the rogue limbs of some of the plants that are lining the fences.

Then I started to work on the mess behind the garage.  As I suspected there are shingles and wood back there that Dodgers's brothers threw down there when they reroofed the garage last spring.  The neighbor behind us also has a mess of weeds and overgrowth going on in their backyard that's spilling over the fence, so I also worked on cutting down what was spilling over into our space.  I got halfway down the strip by the time I decided to call it quits for the day.

Got half of the space behind the garage cleaned.

I started my outdoor work around 3 pm.  Dancer arrived around 4 or so.  She got to work as soon as she got home and they all unloaded my stepdad's truck.  I went in to shower at 7 pm.  She came in shortly after, as soon as she finished putting all of the new pavers down and planting all of the plants she brought home from my mom.

Dancer put new pavers along the side of the house.

Dancer planting all of the flowers she brought home from her granny's.

All of the pots had plants in them from my mom.
They were ones that she transplanted to share with Dancer.

The Sweet Woodruff is taking over one of Dancer's flower gardens.
She's hoping her great aunt Jodi will want some when she comes up for a visit next weekend.

When Dodger got home from work, he started to work on the last of the shutters he's been painting for a client.  I started to thaw out some burgers for dinner as soon as I got out of the shower and he cooked them up with onion and bacon later after he finished with the shutters, took a shower, and went to the store for milk and orange juice.  I'll need the OJ tomorrow for my vodka and date night with the man.

Now, I'm icing my feet because they hurt worse than they did last night.  Earlier this evening, my pain was at about an 8 on a scale from 1-10.  My ankles and feet felt almost as bad as they used to after a night of work at Kohl's when I worked there.  I couldn't even go to the store for Dodger because they hurt so bad and it was all I could do to just relax and not focus on how much pain I was in.

I've got another episode of Bones streaming on Netflix and I'm going to stick the thumb drive into my laptop and bring up Dancer's Ambleside study schedule.  I'm just going to scan things to see what I already finished 12 weeks ago and what needs to be done before the start of her next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.