Friday, May 3, 2013

My 5 Favorite Blogs

Because today's topic is A Day In the Life and it will take all day to document my day, I'm going to post that tomorrow and move on to the next topic... My 5 Favorite Blogs.

If you've ever taken a look at my top tab that says "A few of my favorite things" then you've already seen the link to my most favorite blog, which is...

A Mother's Journal
A Mother's Journal

I stumbled upon Lynn's blog years ago.  I don't for the life of me even remember how but I've been a pretty regular reader ever since.  I love Lynn's style in fashion, decorating, and in gardening.  There's so much about her decor and gardening style that reminds me of my mom's style, which I love.  She's super creative and has a shop on Etsy... which I have purchased a few things from in the past.  She's a mom of 4 and newly remarried which added to the count at least one new daughter and granddaughter.  :)

Next we have...

Because It's Our House

JoAnn is one of my online besties.  She blogs about her family, crafting, and knitting.  She's a mom of 5 girls!  OMG!  5!  I don't know how she does it.  Seriously.  She loves to knit and loves Zumba.  She helps her hubby out with his landscaping business by helping him on jobs when he needs it.  She's an awesome mom.  I'm blessed to have her as a friend.

Now on to...

Henny Penny Lane

Henny Penny is Lynn's mom.  She just started blogging in February of this year.  Her style and storytelling is so much like Lynn's that I see where Lynn gets it from. She blogs about her days, her homestead, and her gaggle of animals... many of which she's rescued from woes and certain death.  Animals are drawn to her.  You'll have to read all of her stories on the ways she's come to have certain animals.  She has one mama chicken that wandered up her driveway a couple of years ago and stayed.  Seriously.  I've never heard of a stray chicken but there ya go.  Animals know she's a kindred spirit.

Dun dun dun...

Have a Laugh On Me

I just stumbled upon Emily's blog last month during my month-long Facebook break.  She is a riot.  She's out there.  She's in your face.  She's not afraid to tell it like it is.  She's a mama of 3 and from what I can tell lives in Australia.  I could be wrong about that location, though.  She recently wrote... "Despite the fact I’m a ‘sensible’ mother of three – there is still a risk-taking party girl lurking inside of me somewhere, desperate to get out."  I told her that I'm still a party girl inside, too, but not to tell my daughter.  She said my secret is safe with her.  ;)  YOU'D better not tell either!  :P

Last but not least...

Peace, Love, and Low Carb

I thought I'd throw my favorite foodie blog into the mix here.  I love Kyndra's recipes!  She also throws in a post or two now and then about her days and her workouts.  She has just released her first cookbook, which I still mean to buy for my iPad.  She's super friendly and, man, does she make awesome food!

So there you have it.  These are the blogs that I read and love.  It's not all of them, though.  You can see the others in my sidebar.  ;)  With the #BEDM challenge going on, I hope to find a few others that I want to continue reading after May is over.

I've got spirit, yes I do.  I've got spirit, how 'bout you?

Blog Every Day in May badge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.