Friday, May 17, 2013

Taming the Beast

Before.

After.

The limbs I could break.

The ones I couldn't break and the ones Dodger cut up for me today,
minus the ones I already added to the yard waste bins.

Crazy huge limb.

Still to do.

Today, I was up before 10 am but then let myself get side-tracked playing Castleville for too long and by the time I wanted to start my workout at 1 pm, Dodger got home early.  He thought I was upset that he was home.  I had to make it clear to him that it just surprised me that he was home early and that I was frustrated with myself for not getting to my workouts soon after I got up.

So, I ended up doing a one mile Leslie Sansone walking workout in my bedroom and then decided to go outside and work on the mess of limbs back by the old swing set.  He and his brother cut them down last spring when they reshingled our house and garage.  I worked on them last year but there were still a bunch left before winter hit.  They're all nice and crisp now, too, which makes them a ton easier to break with my hands and feet.  I don't have to use cutters on them now.

It won't take me much longer to finish up with the limbs that are left, then I'll be able to weed whack the weeds and mow.  It's highly possible that there's a mess of old shingles behind the garage that I'll have to clean up, since there's a mess of them on the other side of the garage that I still need to finish cleaning up... and inside the garage that they dumped down in there when replacing old rotted roof boards.

My feet are really on my nerves lately.  Even though I work very hard to keep my workouts low-impact, by the end of the week they are killing me.  For this very reason, if nothing else, I must stick to eating right and eating in a way that is conducive to weight loss.  I can't lose weight with exercise alone and keeping my eating clean will help me to speed up the weight loss and thus take less weight off of my poor, tiny feet.

Dancer had another dance company performance this evening at Hickory Point Christian Village.  Dad came to watch.  I didn't take any pictures or video because the spot they dance in there was just too small and crowded for us to sit in a place that would work well for that.  Then the three of us went to Hometown Buffet for dinner afterwards.

Now that I've got my blogging done, I'm going to ice my feet and watch some more Netflix TV.  I just finished an episode of Bones.  I might watch another or maybe I'll queue up Weeds again.  I'm not sure.  I really should start to dive into the Ambleside schedule and work on my workout schedule for next week, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.