Friday, May 24, 2013

Sewing Like a Fiend and Catching Up on My Week

So, it's been a week since I've posted a true daily account of my days.  Let's see if my brain can remember my week up till now.

Sunday was the last dance company performance of the winter season.  Here are a few pictures from that performance at Fair Havens Christian Home.  Dad came to watch.  He rarely misses a show.




Dancer went to my mom's afterwards for the evening, so Dodger and I had a lovely evening sans kid.  Dodger made fish for dinner.  It was super yummy.

Monday, mom dropped off some things for Dancer's gardening in the afternoon.  Some dance friends dropped off Dancer's tap shoes that she left behind at Sunday's performance.  I did a bit more work cleaning up the mess of overgrowth, shingles, and wood behind the garage.  Then Dancer and I went over to mom's to have dinner and play a little Trivial Pursuit on the Wii.

Tuesday, I got the sewing machine out.  I needed to get a few patches sewn on a uniform for my friend Sarah's son.  Once I got those done, then I started sewing on a project that I started last year before my machine got super noisy and I had to stop until I could get it serviced.  I'm making a denim bedspread for my nephew.

Here are a few pictures of the work in progress.



Dancer's last tennis lesson of this session was this night, too.  She'll have a week off and then summer lessons start.

Wednesday, was more sewing and much work done on Dancer's next study term schedule.  That was the day I took the pictures of my piles around the house.

Thursday, it got cold and rainy.  I ran errands in the afternoon.  I needed to get a few groceries, make Dodger's truck payment, and get Dancer registered for summer dance classes and dance company.

I sewed and cleaned up my piles.  I also did some repair work on a few of Dodger's work pants and of some of my lounge pants.  I had some holes in my lounge pants and sewed patches in some areas.  Saving the money of buying new, the annoyance of shopping, and keeping the comfort of well worn items, was worth it to me to patch them up.

Dodger wears holes in the knees of his pants.  Well, in the right knee area because that's the knee he bends down on when he's working.  I put some old t-shirt fabric behind the worn out, thread bare, spots and then sewed zigzag stitches back and forth to patch up and reinforce those spots.  I got two pairs done.  I have two more to do.  I have to rip out the inseam a bit to be able to get to that spot, too.  He has some really worn spots on the back pockets where he puts his billfold.  I might have to take off the pockets to be able to repair them.

Knee holes repaired.

Today, I'll be trying to finish up the rest of Dancer's schedule for the next 12 weeks of study.  I'd like to get the third term worked on, too.  I probably won't finish the third term but getting it started would be good.  I will work on getting it finished next week, though, because that way I won't have to think about it again except maybe to make any changes before that term starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.