Monday, May 13, 2013

No Woman No Post

Most of the advanced ballet class goofing off for the camera.

When I don't post, you know I'm extra busy or my mind is focused on other things.

It was a busy weekend with two nights of spring dance concert performances and then dinner and games at my mom's on Sunday for Mother's Day.  My brain just shut down.  I didn't want to think about blogging or keeping up with the #BEDM posts.

Dodger and I sat in the audience with my dad and uncle Steve on Friday night.  My aunt Veronica and cousin Rebekah came to watch, too.  We went out to eat with dad and Steve at Perkin's afterwards.

Saturday night, I didn't have plans to sit in the audience again but Dancer is in high school and most of my dance mom obligations are over with at this age.  So without telling anyone I was going to do so, I bought myself a ticket up in one of the last rows and sat by myself to watch.  It was far more enjoyable that way.  ;)

Mom and my step-dad came to watch, so we went out to Steak-n-Shake with them afterwards.  We never make it to a cast party because of family but Dancer seems ok with that.  Divorce always makes things a little messy and far more drawn out.  Grandma Joyce and Matthew came to watch, too, but they didn't come out with us afterwards.

Sarah and the kids also came to watch on Saturday night.  I was so glad they could come.  It always makes Dancer happy when friends come to watch her dance.

Then Sunday the three of us went to my mom's for Mother's Day.  Mom grilled steak and chicken and we had it with salad, broccoli, and cottage cheese.  It was all very yum yum.  I got mom some fabulously smelling handmade soaps that my friend Penny makes.  I was a little jelly that I had to be giving them away.  They smelled soooo goood!  My mom loved them.  She likes that kind-of stuff.  :)

Dodger scared me to death, though, because we left the house at the same time.  I drove and he drove, so that he could leave early.  And he didn't show up and didn't show up and didn't show up.  At some point, I started to worry because even if he did stop at a store to grab some Wild Cherry Pepsi it wouldn't have taken him that long to get there.  My mom's place is only like 10 minutes from our house.  I called him like 6-7 times right in a row before he finally answered his phone.  He was off in la-la land in his head and ended up driving all the way out to my dad's.  My dad lives in a little town northeast of where we live and it takes a good 25-30 minutes to get there.  lol... goofball.  I was just so glad that he was alright.

Today, I didn't do much.  Dance lessons are over for a few weeks, then summer lessons start.  I did my workouts and reviews.  I seriously loved the kickboxing ballet fusion workout!  Now Dodger and I are getting cleaned up to go eat some Mexican food.  Mexican food is my favorite food ever.  So, so, so good but I'm not getting the Spicy Fajitas this time!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.