Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today...

Today has been a long and lazy day.  I slept in till nearly noon... {I'm having a tough time getting to sleep at a decent hour}... I took advantage of the bright sun today and got a few shadow shots with the camera.  I had a chance to read a bit in my camera's users manual last night and I'm very pleased with just how much it can really do.  I guess they don't make point & shoots like they used to... they're better!  I'll have to use the cd that came with the camera to figure out what all of the settings mean... that will take some time... but I'm excited none the less.

Football has been on all afternoon.  The season will be over shortly... that always makes me a wee bit sad... but it also makes me excited for the baseball season, and thus spring, to start.  I do love football more than baseball... but who doesn't love a good game of baseball?  It's America's pastime...

Earlier Dodger left the house, not saying where he was going... then called a bit later asking what castor sugar was... then again about polenta.  I had to look them both up {thanks internet}.  I had no idea why he needed these things but I soon found out... his plan was to make homemade pizza.  So he spent most of his afternoon preparing the dough and eventually got to the point where it was time to bake the whole thing.  It was so worth the wait.  The pizza was delicious... the best part was the crust... I could taste the difference... he had added all sorts of extra spices and such to it.  He, being his own worst critic, said he could do better... but for me, one who doesn't like to cook at all, loved it!

I caught up on some paperwork and I'll pay some bills online later this evening... after Desperate Housewives is over... maybe I'll journal or read through one of the photography 101 books later and play with the new found settings on my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.