Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Went To the Ocean Today



It's my birthday and I decided to go to the one place that I feel the most at peace... I went to the ocean.  I've been enough times to know my favorite spot.  It's a little patch of trees where I can shield myself from the harsh sun and still see the water break onto the warm sand.

I spent some time digging my toes in the warm sand.  I walked along the edge, letting the water brush over my feet.  I laid down in the shade and listened to the sounds of the water rushing in and the sounds of the gulls overhead.  I could feel the warm breeze coming in off of the sea and could almost smell the salt water aroma it brought in with it.

The ocean is the place where I feel God.  Not the God out there ... but the God inside of me.  The place where I am whole and I am One.  The ocean is the place where I feel whole and I feel One.  Everything melts away at the ocean and I feel nothing but pureness... pure joy... pure bliss.  Time stands still... time doesn't even exist there.

On my birthday, I gave myself this gift... although I couldn't put myself there physically... I went there just the same.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I call the beach my oxygen.
    As one beach lover to another, I hear ya!
    Happy Birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it truly is oxygen of the purest form :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.