Monday, January 24, 2011

Catching Up...

This is why I should blog daily... then there would be no need to catch up... but time got away from me as I was working on other projects and spending time with friends this weekend.  I did take my pictures for the 365 Project, I now need to get those uploaded and edited.

Catching up...

Thursday, Jan. 20th.  Thinking back, there was nothing much about the day to share.  Dancer's hip hop class is now on Thursday evenings right before her jazz class.  I'm quite thrilled that 1. the instructor was able to get enough students to hold the class and 2. that it was moved to Thursday because that makes less trips to the dance studio each week.  Not only do I save on gas money, I also save a bit more of my sanity.

Friday, Jan. 21st.  Um... ok... Dancer had her usual tennis lessons in the afternoon.  She spent the evening at my mom's.  The story is that my grandparents came by and they all ended up out for dinner at Steak-n-Shake.  I found out that Shanna, one of my dearest friends, is pregnant.  :D  I know that she and her husband have been wanting another baby for many years now and have been actively trying for at least two years.  I am thrilled beyond words for them.  It was hard seeing the pain on her face every time she would talk about it or see someone else having another baby.  She tried really hard to cover that pain up but I saw it... I just never let her know that I did because I didn't want her to feel worse about it.  The way I found out about the pregnancy sucked pretty bad {on FB through someone else}... but I got over that pretty quickly... because it's not about me, you know.

Saturday, Jan. 22nd.  Ah, a girl's night out... finally!  I got to hang out with my other dearest friend here {I have dear ones online... these two I've mentioned are here with me IRL}, Sarah and her two friends, Stephanie and Penny.  I've known Stephanie since we were kids.  We went to church together.  I wouldn't actually call her my friend... but she's like the friend of a friend kind-of friend.  She's really rough around the edges, a blast to be around but only in small doses.  I don't know Penny very well.  She really is just a friend of a friend.  Anywho... we went out for Mexican, had a few margaritas, and went to see The Dilemma.  Sarah paid for me as my birthday present from her.  Then we all went back to her place for cake and ice cream and then watched some other movie.  I can't recall the name but it had Russell Crowe in it... it was about a hockey team in Alaska who end up playing the New York Rangers.  I was only vaguely following it because I could care less about hockey.



Sunday, Jan. 23rd.  I went over to my dear friend, Shanna's for the afternoon/evening.  She was having a Scentsy open house and January is Bring Back My Bar month, so I wanted to smell the scents and order a few.  Man it was hard picking just 6.  6 being the best sale.  6 being $25... which is what I was willing to swing.  Figured I could at least get myself a little something with the birthday money that I received instead of having to save it all back for bills.  Our kids are great friends as well, so we ended up staying all afternoon and most of the evening... hanging out, chatting, the kids playing and crafting.  It got to the point where her kids were overly tired and really needed to go chill out, so we headed home around 9:30 so that they all could decompress before her husband got home from work.




I ate when I got home, since I only had a few brownies and cheese & crackers all day.  Then I rewound Desperate Housewives to watch it only to find out that it was a rerun.  I missed both of the football games today.  I still have no idea who won.  I guess I should go look that up.  I bet I'm the only football lover right now who doesn't know who is playing in this year's Super Bowl.

Dodger made up some more pizza dough to try another pizza tomorrow.  He's made 2 more homemade pizza's since he last tried.  I think we're getting a little burnt out but he seems determined to make the perfect pizza.  So, we'll be having yet another homemade pizza.

I have finally gotten my feet warmed up.  Shanna's house was so cold today and my feet froze the entire time we were there.  I've got the heating pad on them under my blankets and they are finally nice and toasty.  :)

Time to catch up on my 365 Project photos.  Sarah thought it would be a cool idea to pick something to take a picture of throughout the year to see how it changes.  I think something like a plant or tree would be neat to do that with.  I decided that once a month would work for that sort-of project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.