Monday, January 17, 2011

Today...

It was another lazy day today.... got up around 11... laid around reading stuff on the iTouch till noon.  Dodger was back at work today after taking the weekend off.  I'm grateful that although this is his slow season, he's still finding work.  This week he's doing some work for Mr. D, a contractor that he used to to a bunch of work for when he was still in a business partnership with his long-time friend.  I'm grateful to Mr. D that he's busy enough with new construction that he's able to give hubby some work right now.

Dodger says that these houses in this new sub-division are bordering on mansion size... like our 800 sq ft home could be the size of one room.  That's just crazy to me.  Who but a very large family needs that kind-of space?  Oh, those sorts of things really test me... they test my trust in what's right and they test my heart, as I tend to judge people with excess.  I still have lessons to learn here.

Dodger decided to try his hand at the homemade pizza again.  He made it for the first time last night and thought he could do better on the crust... I loved the crust last night... so tasty.  Tonight I was able to snap a few shots before he shooed me out of the room.




I don't think it turned out as well as last night's pizza did.  The crust was way tastier last night.  It's a learning process that I'm certain he enjoys.

Dancer wasn't anymore accommodating for me when I popped into her room with my camera...


She quickly shooed me away, too.  Sigh.  How will I ever get any practice?

I spent my evening partaking in my one guilty pleasure, The Bachelor.  I guess I got sucked into this season because Brad is back and I saw what happened with him when he was on the show 3 years ago.  I know there are better things to do or watch but, really, I won't apologize for liking this guy.  I blog... and read other people's blogs... there's a bit of a voyeur in me.

2 comments:

  1. I don't really take much issue with people that have excess but I also wonder why the hell they need that much space. It's really not a need but a want that money can buy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, yes... and thus it's my issue. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.