Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Dates Have Been Set


My book club met tonight to pick our books for the year.  I think we ended up with some great picks.

Here's what we'll be reading and discussing this year.

Feb 4.  Living, Loving & Learning by Leo Buscaglia
Mar 4.  A Country Year by Sue Hubbell
Apr 1.  The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
May 13.  Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Jun 3.  Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
Jul 1.  The Help by Katheryn Stockett
Aug 5.   Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott
Sep 2.  The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
Oct 7.  The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewki
Nov 4.  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows
Dec  2.  The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

Three of the books on my list got picked and I've been wanting to read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks", so I was thrilled that those were on other ladies' lists.

I need the book group to stretch me in the reading department otherwise I'd only read non-fiction and memoirs.  It's good to get some other genres into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.