Monday, January 10, 2011

Not Settling For Winter

images by Alan Zumerfeld and Malene Thyssen, cc

Yesterday, I posted about the winter that the relationship with my love is going through.  After I wrote that and as I was drifting off to sleep, it dawned on me that if all I did was hope and pray that our spring would come again then it wouldn't happen.  I remembered my word for 2011... ACTION...

Action is what will move us past this winter in our lives.  Action, doing my part in being a supportive and positive partner.  One of my favorite unschoolers, Dayna Martin, is always expressing her gratitude... no matter what the circumstances.  ...Have you read about her rice experiment?...  I know that without a doubt that this is the reason for her continued blessed life.  So, I will do what I know works, without a doubt.  I will express my gratitude towards my husband {{and to the other people in my life}} no matter what comes my way.

I think this is a good start towards our spring.  

“There is a law of gratitude, and it is . . . the natural principle that action and reaction are always equal and in opposite directions. The grateful outreaching of your mind in thankful praise to supreme intelligence is a liberation or expenditure of force. It cannot fail to reach that to which it is addressed, and the reaction is an instantaneous movement toward you.” — Wally Wattles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.