Saturday, January 15, 2011

Birthday Fun, Celebration #1

Tonight I got to celebrate my birthday with my mom. Actually, it was with my mom, my step-dad, Dodger, and Dancer. Our plans were to go out to eat at O'Charlie's but I wasn't sure if Dodger was going to be able to join us because of work but he called shortly before our reservation time and asked if he could come out in his work clothes because he had just gotten done at work and didn't have time to shower. I told him that he at least had to run home to change his clothes. I wasn't going to have him come to dinner in his paint splattered clothes. So we all ordered an appetizer while we waited for him to arrive. We thought we might go see a movie, too, but there wasn't one playing that we all really wanted to see. Actually, I would have loved to have seen Gulliver's Travels but it was only showing as a matinée.

After a lovely and tasty dinner, Dodger went home and the rest of us went back to my mom's. We watched a little TV, ate some ice cream and cake, and played some Wii games. My step dad went to bed around 11pm and the three of us played around on the Wii Weather Channel, checking out the weather and temperatures around the world, and the Wii News Channel. Did you know that Zsa Zsa Gabor had her leg amputated and that someone has made a recreation of The Last Supper out of laundry lint?

I got some cool stuff for my birthday, too. I took a picture...

not shown... a full-sized ironing board
Plus I got some $. I'd love to say that I could indulge myself with my much desired Kindle eReader but alas, I cannot. It's the slow time of the year for Dodger, work-wise, and I will need this extra money to help get us through till spring and work picks up.

I also snapped these two pictures of Dancer while we were at my mom's. I have no idea when she got camera shy, but I don't like it. Now I know how everyone felt {and still feels} when they try getting pictures of me.

refusing to look at the camera

caught her coughing in this one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.