Friday, January 15, 2010

sledding with our dearest friends

I haven't posted since Monday. What? Does my brain even remember that far back? Let's see...

Monday Dancer had golf lessons. I played on the iPod while she was in class. I'm thinking I paid some bills that day, too. I know that sometime since Monday I got some higher APR credit cards transfered over to a 0% APR offer. I hope we can get it paid off by Aug, which is when the offer expires, but it's $4000 so that's a stretch.

-------------------------------

Tues. Dancer had dance class. I dropped her off and ran errands. I went down to dad's work and picked up the sleds he brought into town for me. I also went to the post office and credit union. When I got back, I sat out in the truck and waited for her. I searched out some free online texts and courses that I might be interested in pursuing.

----------------------------

Wed. we went sledding with our dearest IRL friends. I did dress to go sledding but ended up talking to my friends the whole time. Besides, the hill where we were sledding was really steep and I wasn't sure that I could get back up it once I went down it. Also one of my friends didn't dress to sled (I don't know why she didn't dress warmer) and I didn't want to take off and have her feel left out.


That night I had my first night back in ballet class. I was surprised what I remembered after nearly 3 years of being out of class. Most of the class seems to be newbies, so I'm not freaked out anymore. Miss N also told me that I'm welcome to join any part of Dancer's class, which is right after mine (it's the level that I was at when I stopped dance class), that I want. I think once I get comfortable with my recall then I'll join that class for barre work to begin with.

Once of the ladies in my class was trying to talk me into doing the spring dance concert. I'm going to have to pass. I already have costumes to pay for for DD and after getting my power bill today, well it's just not going to happen.

Wed. was also my birthday. :)

---------------------------

Thurs. was our first day back at co-op. All in all it was a pleasant day. I'm not required to help in any of the classes because I'm on the board but I don't want to sit in the cafe for 3 hours, although that may change once I get more into my studies, so I'm sitting in on a class all 3 hours, 2 of which are ones Dancer is taking.

Dancer also had dance class this evening. While she was in class, I started the pre-algebra course on free-ed.net. I'm hoping that Dancer joins me in taking it. It's not set up at all like a regular text or course. It will give me a good review before diving into an free online algebra course.

I'm thinking I have a few years before Dancer might take college courses. I also want to go back to college. I don't want to have to take remedial coursework that won't give me any credits. There's no reason why I can't or shouldn't study at home now so I can go straight into credit or even do the CLEP tests and get credit for the class without having to take it.

----------------------

Tonight Dancer had tennis lessons. It's her last in this session. Next week I'll have to pay for her next one which cost a little over $400. Ouch. I've been saving my Christmas money for it. The sessions are 18-19 weeks long so the cost per lesson is good but I have to pay for them all up front because we aren't members of the athletic club where they are held.

Something yesterday triggered my thought process that I would like to study anthropology. I've always been interested in that as well as sociology. So I found some great coursework online today for anthro and ended up finding a slightly older edition of the text on PaperBackSwap. I also found some other forensic anthro books on PBS, too, and put a few on my wish list that aren't available yet.

I really think I'm going to go back to school to get a degree in forensic anthropology and/or forensic sociology. Why not? Why not dream big? The cost would all be covered by grants because of our income level. Nothing is financially holding me back.

I also got my free copy, care of the most generous author who commented on my blog recently, of "One Year to an Organized Life" by Regina Leeds. Thanks again, Regina. I'm thinking that a workbook would be a great supplement to the book. I tend to be a step-by-step learner. I like lists. I need to have something to check off. I do love the book so far. It's style suits me.

I am going to be done with this post now. I want to work on the math course and need to get to bed at a decent time. I need to pick my uncle up from detox again in the morning. He went back in on Tues. He actually didn't go a day out without drinking. He needs meds for his depression and they discharged him without giving him anything. He actually called in a suicide threat so that he could go back in. Without meds, he has no coping skills for his depression other than drinking. I doubt he makes it till Mon, which is when he's supposed to see the doctor and get meds, without drinking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.