Saturday, February 5, 2011

Getting it Together

So after a small freak out last night... feeling overwhelmed by the big picture of all that I want to accomplish within this current year and realizing that I don't have a good way to keep it all on track and all straight in my head... I woke up with a clearer picture and ready to make it happen.

This afternoon I got to work making it happen by taking the step to getting the family 'command center' in order. I cleaned, decluttered and fixed what needed fixing in order to cross this necessary item off of my list.  This is just one step but it was something that I felt needed to be done first because my family is first on my list.  If the family hub is out of whack, then right off we all feel it.  We are all trained to look at the calendar daily to see what's going on for the day and the upcoming weeks.  Dodger looks there to see what we {meaning Dancer and I} might be doing that day.  Dancer looks there to keep herself up-to-date on her own activities.  It's where we post what plans we have that will possibly take us out of the house.




Next in line to get myself on the right track is to get a 'control journal' put together.  I'm sure parts of it will be similar to what FlyLady has on her website but not exactly the same.  I think the household journal will have those things that seem necessary to running a household.  It will hold the blank shopping check lists, the master price lists, menu planner, etc...

After I have that set-up, then I can focus on my own personal planner.  I need a place to keep all of my ideas, goals, and dreams in order.  Right now they are all bunched up in my head and I need to get them down in their own little sections.  I have online work ideas, off-line work ideas, crafting, sewing, gardening, etc... all in my head and I need a plan of action to make them all happen.  The things I'm currently working on are overwhelming me because I don't have a plan... I need to mark down where I've been, what I'm doing now, and where I want to head with them.

I still need my days to be mine and to have a flow, like they always have, but I at least need to have these things down in front of me so I can see them and track them.  I'm a visual person and I know that seeing these things in a visual form will help me tremendously.

Now if I could only find the right notebook.  I looked at what Kroger had when I went grocery shopping earlier this evening but they didn't have anything I could use or that was ideal.  I'd like something small, with movable paper, and dividers.  I have some old day planners here that might work... it's just that they have tons of holes and I'm not sure I want to take the time to punch a bunch of papers.

p.s. - Dodger did pizza AGAIN tonight.  oy.  tis the reason why I went to the store at 7pm.  I didn't want to go til later but he wanted to play with dough again, so I went.

3 comments:

  1. Not quite yet but I'm working on it. :D Gotta get my shit in order so I can get those things that matter to me done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so much done! Yaay. I love my notebooks. I carry a planner, and I know the ones you mean with ALL those holes. I found one that has only 3 rings and I use that one. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It felt so good to get that all together. :)

    I've done a bit more since and tonight I'm working on my control journal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.