Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An interesting conversation

I had my yearly evaluation at work last night.  It was your typical *meets expectations* with the side of *look what else L.J. does for us* eval.  But c'est la vie... I don't know what more I can do for them without giving them my life, which isn't going to happen.

Near the end of my eval, my boss and I got talking briefly about my life and that some how ended up bringing up homeschooling.  She mentioned getting into a convo with some other people recently about homeschooling and asked me if I was ever going to put Dancer back in school, to which I said, "if she wants to go, I'll let her, but I don't see her wanting to."  Her question was typical, "How will they be prepared for life?" And my answer, "Is anyone ever really prepared?" She looked at me, smiled and said, "No," then mentioned that that's what these other people that she had been talking to said, also.  LOL.

What is this preparation for life that everyone seems to think you're going to learn about in school?  Since when is school anything like life?  Unless, you consider becoming a work drone part-of life... well, then, I can see where school would prepare you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.