Saturday, August 5, 2006

The Celebration

The Celebration is the local annual street festival. There are multiple large stages for music and shows and other smaller stages for other festivities. There is a carnival ride area and lots of booths with people selling stuff, etc...

I'm not a people person (I can't stand being in large crowds) so I usually only head down there when there's some music act that I really want to see. I really want to see the ABBA tribute band called ABBA Gold... I've heard they're from Canada. But they would be playing today and I have to work this evening. Yes, I LOVE ABBA... I always have!

Dancer went down to the carnival rides with my dad last night (she LOVES the rides! they make me sick {except roller coasters }... she's always taking advantage of carnival rides in the area and takes quite a few trips to Six Flags St. Louis during year). She had a good time last night playing games with my dad (she brought home quite a few prizes) and riding rides (uh, he doesn't ride them either... I obviously got the problem with spinning rides from him).

She took off this morning with my mom to go watch the parade and take in some of the festivities this morning. From the sounds of their plans, it seems like they are going to try and fit in some swim time at my uncle's pool this afternoon. Later this evening they are going to help set up a pool for a friend of my mom's. So she has a long day ahead of her... she'll probably crash out like she did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.