Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's Been a Good Week

Sunday, we (Dancer, my friend Sarah and the kids, and I) went to Rock Springs after church (which I played hooky from again... really, our pastor bores me to tears.. every so often he'll do a series study which I like... but he usually just does verse by verse in one of the books... yuck) and had lunch. The kids played for a bit and then went to the activity about weather. They did a craft, talked about weather, and went on a small hike. Sarah and I sat in on a talk about *early newspapers in IL*. It was really interesting. The guy had copies of a newspaper from Springfield circa 1860... the layout of the paper was VERY different then you would see today. Everything sort-of ran together and ads looked like articles... and there was no order to it all... they put it where it would fit. It would have been nice to have had the time to sit and read through it all... but we had to go get the kids from their activity.

My friends son has been over most of the week. He was supposed to start school on Tuesday but the administration found mold in the carpet so they needed to have it cleaned before the kids could start. He'll be starting tomorrow. It's been good for Dancer to have someone to play with but it will be nice to get our own routine going. We certainly won't be up at 8:30am everyday.

Dancer went to my mom's company picnic yesterday evening (Tuesday). She told me about some races that she participated in and I know she went swimming and dove off the high-dive. She was wiped out... Dodger said she went to bed around 10:30. I moved her to my bed before the boy got here this morning and she slept until after 11.

Dance starts this week. Dancer is taking ballet, tap, and jazz again and adding hip hop. I am taking ballet again... it was my idea to get an intermediate/advanced adult class together, so hopefully my work schedule won't interfere with it much... I was still working overnight hours when we planned it. Dodger will be taking her to class a lot this year because of my hour change at work. He'll finally *have to* help out with something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.