Friday, August 4, 2006

My Daughter hit Double Digits!

I can't believe Dancer is 10!  OMG!  At her birthday party my mom and I got talking about the day she was born and the crazy dash to the hospital.  Here's the story:

I worked that morning at Jo-Ann Fabrics (it was scheduled to be my last day at work before maternity leave... who knew I would actually have her that day!)... I worked 9 to 1 that day.  I felt like crap all morning... so I knew something was going on (but I didn't figure it would be so fast!).  So I left work at 1pm and headed home... which was about a 30 minute drive... on the way I started feeling what to me seemed like really bad gas pain (you know... the kind you get when you need to fart but can't... LOL).  I stopped at the local gas station... so funny, because the girls inside at the counter could tell I wasn't feeling good... they said so, and I actually said "yeah, I feel like crap".

So I get home and the pains still continue (I really didn't have a clue that they were really labor pains... with all the stories I'd ever heard about what they feel like no-one ever said they felt like gas), so I decide to call a friend and ask her to time them.  She does and was like... "um, I think you need to get to the hospital"... holly crap!  are you kidding me!  No way in the world did I EVER think that a first pregnancy would end up with me starting labor pains and then needing to go the hospital so quickly.

So, I call my mom (who lives back in town 30 minutes away!)... and she's like "do I have time to change my clothes"... I'm still thinking, sure, we've got plenty of time.  So by the time my mom actually gets to where I am... the labor have me down on the floor rocking back and forth to help ease the pain (back labor sucks!)... and in between contractions I'm trying to pack my bag for the hospital...LOL!  I call my BF (who is now my husband) and tell him that we're heading to the hospital and he needs to get there (his boss ends up driving him because I think I was supposed to pick him up that day).

So we're heading to the hospital and I'm having to lay the front seat down and get on my hands and knees leaning into the back seat (remember, I had back labor and couldn't sit without it being extremely painful)... I'm yelling at my mom to hurry... LOL.  We pull up at the entrance (and Dodger is already there)... so we're filling out forms on the way up in the elevator (they made me sit in the darn wheelchair... I was so pissed because it hurt so bad to sit).  We get up there and I'm dilated to 8 cm!  I was only at the hospital an hour before she was born.  Crazy!  I start labor pains at 1pm and have her at 4:12pm.  No time for an epidural... just a bit of pain meds in my IV.  It's so crazy that I just laugh everytime I think about it.

I was so scared about being a mom... but she hasn't left my side since (uh, yeah, we were co-sleepers and I breastfed... I AM CRUNCHY AND PROUD OF IT!)... and now with homeschooling/unschooling we're closer than ever.  :)  Attachment parenting is SO awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.