Friday, August 25, 2006

Sleep at Last!

It is SOOOOOOO awesome to finally get the 9 hours of sleep that my body has needed since I was a teen.  Waking up after 9 hours is like clockwork... it just happens and is my body's natural schedule.  I haven't had that kind-of sleep in 3 years since I worked overnight for the past 3 years.  I am totally loving the new hours at work!  And I actually am working more hours now that we don't do the ad set overnight anymore... which means a bigger paycheck!  WooHoo!

What we've done the past few days:

Thursday we went to the zoo (free day again!) and spent time really looking at the animals.  I bought Dancer a zoo key last week when we were there, so we got to listen to some info about the animals as we watched them.  Dancer loves the wolves and the cheetahs.  We'll certainly head back there next Thursday... and every Thursday until the zoo closes in October.

Dancer had her first Tap and Jazz class for the year last night (Thursday).  She said she had a great time.  She really loves that class, especially the jazz, because it's way more exciting than ballet.  I've explained to her that ballet will get fun in a few years when she's in the more advanced classes.  Right now she's building the foundation for all that will come.  I told her you can't build a house from the top down... you have to lay the foundation so the house will be stable and grounded.  Dance is like that, too.

I just finished my workout... The Firm body sculpting system.  Now that I can be on a normal schedule, I actually have time and energy to exercise.  I can't wait to see my body change and actually recognize the face I see in the mirror.  Every-so-often I can see my skinny former self when I look in the mirror... now, I'm working towards seeing it everyday.  :)

We are heading to the Children's Museum here in a bit.  We need to put that membership to use.  :)  I have ballet class tonight (yes, I take ballet, too... I started about 6 years ago)... I brought the idea up to my ballet instructor to have an intermediate/advanced ballet class just for adults... and it happened!  It was getting way to weird to be in class with all the tweens and young teens.  And she can spend too much time harping on them because they have a tendency to get lazy with their arms and legs.  I can't wait to be in class again with just adults.

So I'm out-a-here.  :)  I sure do love the life I'm building!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.