Sunday, February 26, 2023

Give It Time

"The discipline of regular prayer and meditation is vital for my daily health." - Seeking the Spiritual Path

I have struggled to have a set time with God everyday. Sure, I check in with God throughout the day...sometimes...and always find it to be valuable. Yet, what is it about setting a scheduled time on a daily basis that I balk at? If I close my eyes and listen, I hear that I have developed a belief over the years that God will not show up for me. How odd, because God has continually showed up in my life. I'm surprised by the ways on a regular basis...like with Thomas Merton and Two-way Payer...both of those were put in my path multiple times in the past few weeks. That's no coincidence. That's God. It's not God that's not showing up, it's me that's not showing up...out of fear, maybe. Fear of the unknown. Fear that I'll be guided to do things out of my ability to do. Fear of things that will stretch me. I have a different way now that takes me out of fear and into freedom. It's time for me to step out in faith, and put this important tool to practice.

"When I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." - Psalm 63:6-8 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.