Sunday, February 5, 2023

Slow Sunday

It's been a lovely day here. The sun is shining and the windows are open, which the cats love. I think it even neared 50 degrees today. That's quite unusual for weather here in February. I can't say that I mind. The only thing I missed this winter was there was no good snowfall. I like a good snowstorm that drops a bunch of snow...like a winter wonderland. There's something very special about freshly fallen snow. The world sounds different. It's so quiet and serene. It speaks differently, and I love it. It's a whisper saved only for those who find the snow special and beautiful.

Today has been full of recovery work. I spoke with my sponsor this morning. I then went to my weekly OA meeting. I connected with an OA fellow after the meeting. Then I also had the chance to attend a BBA meeting this afternoon. Mixed in there was reading the Give God a Year book, catching up on reading the blogs I enjoy, and piddling around the house.

Dodger helped Dancer most of the morning with putting a new door on their garage, and he snapped a picture of the new cabinets in their kitchen while he was there. Uncle Stacey should be able to come over within the next week or two and help them get the cabinets secured to the wall or whatnot...I'm not really sure what he's coming over to do. I just let her do the upgrades as needed, and she takes money off their monthly rent for what she's spent on materials. Their rent doesn't add to our income...I only charge her what it costs to keep the place with services. There is no mortgage on it anymore. Thing is, I don't really track it. The cost of the services there has likely gone up since they've moved in, but it's whatever. It's just how I help them get on their feet financially and know they live in a halfway-decent neighborhood just a few blocks from us.



I will finish up this day looking over some workbooks for some worksheets to bring to recovery group tomorrow, and maybe finishing up an assessment and treatment plan and notes. I prefer to have some time away from work, and I'm not all that far behind; so, I might just wait until tomorrow to tackle the work stuff later in the day, when I have some open time to do so.

Right now, though, I am going to listen to another BBA recording and do some BBA transcribing in my big book, so that I have a jump on the next assignment and not wait until the last minute to get it done.

2 comments:

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.