Monday, February 13, 2023

Psalms 1:1

I've decided to read through the Psalms. I've never done this before, and I'm pretty Bible novice. I'm letting myself read through, and giving myself the opportunity to meditate on each verse...letting God speak to me what I need right now...without the expectation of perfection. 

"Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers." 
Psalms 1:1 NLT 

The first thing I notice in this verse is that joys is plural. Those who turn away from bad advice, hanging around with the wrong people, and refrain from making fun of the Truth receive joyS...multiple and multitude joy. 

I lived a lifetime of life without joy, both singular and plural, by doing exactly what this verse advises against. I was desperately sad and full of anger and rage. It was a pitiful existence. This led me to leaving my husband for another man, a decision that nearly cost me my life.

Thankfully, I survived that experience, and I found my way back to God. God has taken my madness and sin, and has reconstructed my life. He has created goodness out of the pain...joyS in so many ways.

I am excited for what God has in store for my life. His restoration and grace has humbled me beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.