Sunday, February 5, 2023

No Cuddles in the Cupboard

 "...after much earnest praying and reading..." "Surrender gives me hope, and the promise..." - Seeking the Spiritual Path

Surrender has been knocking at my door for awhile now. See, I'm all about using my brain to navigate the world. I have prided myself on being smart, logical, and rational. It's not as if those qualities are bad, they've helped me understand Recovery and what is required of me, it's just that they're missing the other parts of the AA Circle & Triangle...Body and Spirit. Body asks me to find Unity with others...which can happen in various ways. Spirit asks me to be of Service for God to others in the program and out. My heart seeks these two, yet, the vulnerability they require has some parts of me avoiding the work in those areas. I believe with "much earnest praying and reading," I will find my way there. I am, I believe, finally at the point where I'm ready to surrender and seek what God would have me be and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.