Sunday, February 12, 2023

Justifiable Anger?

"Today I believe I can change only my own attitudes, my own behaviors, and the situations I create." - Seeking the Spiritual Path 

I have come to believe and know that the only power I'm given by relying on my higher power--God--is the ability to change myself. I spent most of my life wishing and demanding that other people change so that I wouldn't be so unhappy and angry. I became a person that was nearly impossible to please. Who in their right mind would want to be around me? I was judgmental and superior...yet, my life was a huge mess. So, I was also a hypocrite. I was everything I thought myself not to be, and I dove deeper into my disease of addiction in order to escape. 

Only through working the 12 Steps have I actually started to become the person I always claimed to be. I do still fail--I'm human after all--and I am humbled in my humanity; that is what allows me to connect and extend grace to others as they find their way through life, just as I am finding my way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.