Sunday, January 22, 2023

Answers Sought, Prayer Delivered

 "Once I got in touch with these feelings, the cravings passed."- Seeking the Spiritual Path

This is true for me. I spent years running from my feelings, pushing them away, punishing them, and in a myriad of ways just escaping from myself and from life. Thank God I don't have to do this anymore. My life has changed all through working the 12 Steps and addressing the spiritual malady mentioned in the Big Book of AA. I no longer binge to escape and restrict to punish. I feel a true connection between all parts of myself...no longer banishing any parts to dark corners inside. I have become aware of my inner world, and when things aren't "at ease." I allow myself the time to get honest with myself, God, and another human being about what's happening in those moments, and I lean into the work of the 12 Steps. My life is so different today--going on three years of abstinence--and I can truly say that I know the way to freedom, and no longer am a slave to my addiction, no matter how it presents itself in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.