Sunday, January 22, 2023

Simplifying Life

 Initially, I started to post my Recovery Journal posts on another blog, and then thought better of it. There's no good reason why they need to be separated from the rest of my blog posts. So, I moved those posts here earlier today, and then started typing in some old paper journal entries that I found recently--most are from 2005 and 2007. It's very interesting to see the things I was struggling with back then. I'm in such a different place right now

I decided this semester to drop the class I had registered for, and I likely won't be going back. I decided last summer that I was no longer interested in the Social Service Administration concentration, and changed it to Alcohol and Drug, with the goal of getting my CADC. However, after speaking with one of my clinical supervisors at work, I already have what I need to get my CADC without having to spend the extra time and money finishing this second Master's degree.

Dodger is going back to school starting next week, so I'm looking forward to just helping him get through his semesters without a ton of stress. He's starting with just one class, since it's been decades since he's been in the classroom.

I still have a ton going on. This week, I'll be submitting my paperwork to apply to get my PCGC. Once that's accepted, I'll need to study and pass that exam before they'll award me that certification. 

Next is starting to study for my LCPC exam. I'll have all of the clinical supervision and hours I need in another three months. I'd like to test for licensure shortly after that. I also need to start getting that paperwork in order. I still have my application on file from my LPC, and it's all the same except a few updates. So, that's helpful.

I also have to pay money to the state soon to keep my LPC before that expires in March. I have a few more required CEs that I need to complete first.

Somewhere in here, I will also start looking into getting the application for the CADC completed and do whatever's necessary to get the ball rolling on taking that exam.

I'm also heavily into growing my spiritual life. I've started a Big Book BBA workshop, and have been meeting with my step partner weekly. I'm devoting 6 weeks to attending one weekly OA meeting consistently. I've picked one that is on Sunday mornings right after I get finished speaking with my sponsor. I've been doing well reading the daily readings in Voices of Recovery, and I'm in process of creating a habit of journaling. Next is to focus on establishing a pray and meditation time everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.