Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday January 15 2023

 "In Step 6, I became willing to let go of whatever stood in the way of my being present to life." - Voices of Recovery

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

As I read that quote, I never really considered that my "defects of character" were standing in the way of being present to life...my life and the lives of those around me. Yet, that is exactly what was happening and what still happens when these defects (defaults--as my sponsor often calls them) take over. Suddenly, I'm taken to the past or future where fantastical stories exist, and I have no presence of mind to deal with and/or enjoy today. The beauty of the present is that I have choices and freedom to be and arrive in the ways I have learned how to be through working the 12 Steps of the program. "I am powerless over fixing myself, but I am not helpless." I can pray Step 6, be willing to be willing, and trust and accept God's timing and plan.

"Today, I choose to practice unconditional self-acceptance while I relish the mystery of change."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.