Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introspection & Life

I haven't been blogging because I've been spending too much time in my head. I'm questioning many long-held beliefs and belief systems. I've also been dealing with stress induced depression brought on by a drastic change in my job situation. Things have started to normalize on the job issue again and I've been taking St. John's Wort for the mood for about 2 weeks now. I still have some days where I have no energy and feel funky, but who doesn't.

I'm frustrated with the way my home looks. I have too much stuff in too small of a space. Things need painted and finished. Clutter has taken over again. That clutter is sneaky, it took over during the two months of hell at work. Now, I'm trying to dig out of it again.

I'm also working on an outline or a guideline if you will of what my Dancer and I want to study and focus on this year in our homeschool. She wants to learn Spanish (have you seen the rediculous prices on Spanish curriculum... egads!), so I'm trying to come up with some creative and free ways to do that. I do think that the immersion style is the best, so last evening I went searching for free online Spanish TV channels and videos. I found some things at YouTube but still have to go through those and the TV channels I found. I found them using the iPod, so I still need to organize them on the computer.

I hopefully will have some sort-of outline made up by the first week or so of September.

Her dance classes start next week. She'll have classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Starting in September, she'll have tennis lessons on Friday and starting in November, she'll have golf lessons on Monday. I'm tired already. lol.

Our homeschool co-op classes will be starting soon, too. Dancer will be taking Beginning Writing (she was going to take Earth Sciences but after seeing the outline, I think the speed and style isn't right for her at this time) and Hobbies For Life. She was a little *IDK* about the writing class but the teacher is a dear friend of mine, she uses a child-led educational approach with her kids, and I told Dancer that the class would be fun. So, she's ok with trying it. :)

Our new homeschool support group has lots of activities planned and I'm super excited that it's going to be a great thing for the homeschoolers around here.

So, I'm feeling the pressure to get my calendar out and get stuff filled in so that we don't miss out on any opportunities. There really is so much to do around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.