Sunday, March 26, 2023

Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually

"Where am I physically, emotionally, and spiritually?"

God, I missed some times with you this week. I know I let the busyness of my days keep me from talking with you. I know you are patient with me, far more than I ever am with myself. I just want to say that noticing my disconnect, and the extra struggle that abring me, was important for me. I'm so used to doing it alone...this life thing...and meeting with you daily is new to me. I know how important it is to my ongoing recovery and overall well being. I find myself much more irritable and discontent when I'm not spending time with you, listening to your guidance and resting in your peace. I love the mental image of resting my head on your shoulder and just relaxing into you. When I do that, I breathe deeper and just let go of everything weighing on me. I know this is the one place I can truly just be me, and I need that daily. I am making a commitment to you and to myself to show up and meet with you daily. I know you're able to make space for me in my days. Help me to be mindful of my time and energy, pacing myself, and turning to you throughout the day for guidance and rest. Left to my own devices, I will burn out and create chaos in my life, resulting in messes to clean up. I know you'd much rather have me live in a way that brings your ways of peace and love to others and to myself. I am grateful for your patience and grace. I know when I get right spiritually, the physical and emotional get right automatically. Thank you, God, for this reminder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.