Monday, May 4, 2009

Thinking About Summer: Square Foot Gardening and Summer Activities

Dancer's dance concert is this Mother's Day weekend. I'll be spending most of my week gathering up needed items and making last minute adjustments to costumes as well as breaking out the make-up once again. I don't have a car at the moment, so all items needed can hopefully be gathered up from around the house.

The car issue is a bit of a frustration but I could actually see us living on just one automobile if Dodger had one that I could actually drive, one that doesn't start and shut-off with a screwdriver! LOL. Except that would only limit us to evening activities and I don't think Dancer would like missing some of the great activities that we can do during the day while the rest of the world works and goes to school. Maybe it's time to check out the city bus schedule.

The weather has hopefully started to normalize and warm up. This means that the majority of the kids in the world and in our area will be out of school soon. Which means it's time to start planning out our summer activities. There are the great art classes at our local arts council and tennis and swimming through the park district. I think she'll be old enough for the teen reading program, which has way cooler prizes than the kids reading program. Maybe she'll want to be part of the zoo crew or do a week long camp at the conservation district.

I have been inspired by a dear online friend to try squarefoot gardening. I just have to find a sunny spot in my yard. I have lots of shade but not much sun. This does not make for good vegetable gardening.

I just love summer time. Now, to get my butt in gear and get this weight off so that I won't be so miserable in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.