Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sweet Baby Skunk

Here I sit trying to blog about something positive and all I can think of is the tiny baby skunk that Dancer brought home from my mom's yesterday. She fed it and even looked up information all on her own on the internet about it. She realized that it had worms and I realized that we weren't going to be able to call Animal Control until Monday. I couldn't even be certain that Animal Control would do anything about it. Animal Control didn't want to help us remove the raccoons (mama and babies) from our garage last year. So, I had no faith in them that they would do anything about the baby skunk.

Then Dodger got home from work. He wasn't thrilled with the whole thing and reasoned that it wasn't really right that my mom sent the little skunk home with Dancer anyway. And with the worms and all, Dancer didn't really want to take care of it. We wrapped it up and Dodger took it somewhere. I don't know where. I don't want to know.

All this to say, I'm really sad about the little thing. I cried for quite awhile last night as I was drifting off to sleep. I feel guilty and I'm not sure that we did the right thing. Nothing at this point can be done, so I will have to find a way to forgive myself and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.