Monday, May 22, 2006

Unschooling Today... and Yesterday :)

Yesterday, while driving to church, Dancer starts talking about all of the ASL (American Sign Language) signs that she knows.  We talked about it a little and I told her that I'd be happy to find a chart of signs on the net... she asked if we could go to the library to get a book about it!  Dancer wants a book!  From the library!  She's been so anti-book for so long because she doesn't think she's a good reader (thanks public school system!)  I'm excited for her to follow an interest that I didn't even know she had.

Today she went to a fishing clinic for 4H.  And she fished the longest of all the kids there.  She really enjoyed herself.  The instructor must have really enjoyed showing her more details about fishing because he stayed almost 45 minutes later than he was scheduled to.

She's been busy reorganizing her room (moving furniture and decorative items).  And now she's painting and decorative stamping  a small table of hers.  She's been into all my arts and crafts stuff (since I told her she has free access to whatever she wants to use) and keeping busy.  She won't let me see it yet until it dries.

She's just become so fun to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.