Monday, May 22, 2006

Is homosexuality really a sin?

After the big "to do" went on about my post about the Christian fear of the homosexual (and if you were offended, I apologize only for that, there was certainly no personal attack intended)... I had some good discussion with a very close relative of mine (who is gay) and some other Christian unschoolers who question whether or not homosexuality is really a sin. After really thinking about it... I decided to look into it further. Like many things in the Bible... many things get taken out of context... or warped to further someone's view. I can't say one way or the other right now but the more I read... the more I'm convinced that a loving homosexual relationship is not a sin.

I have a ton more reading to do on this but so far I have come to these two websites on the issue:

A Letter to Louise: A Biblical Affirmation of Homosexuality

Homosexuality: Not a Sin, Not a Sickness; What the Bible Does and Does Not Say

Is Homosexuality a Sin?

Please take the time to really read these through... the fact that I'd like to point out is that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality.

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for your paradigm to do some shifting on this issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.