Wednesday, August 17, 2005

August 17, 2005

The Newsong concert was absolutely awesome... I'm sad I didn't know about it early enough to get the night off. I missed the last part of the concert because I had to leave early.

I have about half of Dancers's curriculum planned out for the year... well half of it's typed up on quarterly planners. Still waiting on the Science book I ordered to get here and still have to bid on Social Studies and Health. I have to finish typing up Bible (have the first two quarters done), Math (in the process of hand writing that one before I type because I've got the text along with other worksheet... lots of sources so I want to make sure I get it all before I waste time typing and correcting), Reading (have the first 6 weeks planned.... starting with something other than the text), and get the Spelling words intered into this cool freeware that I found... it's a computer program that I can edit to fit my needs and Dancer will play it like a game). We're starting Sept. 5th so I'm getting as much done now as I can so it runs smoothly.

I joined the GHE last night. Saw a few people that I already knew homeschooled and a few people that I know that I didn't know were going to be homeschooling.

Dance lessons start next week... I've heard they're starting early because of the Farm Progress Show comming sometime in September (I think).... and the college will be closed during that time. Dancer is signed up for Ballet, Tap, and Jazz again...and I'm signed up for Ballet (going on my 5th year) and Belly Dancing (I'm so excited that they are offering it!) I may skip class next week because I've pinched a nerve in my leg (or at least I think that's the problem).... it's a few days away so we'll see.

Dancer went to VBS on Monday but then yesterday she had a fever and slept most of the day. She's still got a fever this morning so I don't know if she'll be going tonight. She'll be upset if she can't because she really likes it. It's at a church just down the road from us. She hadn't been able to go to any other VBS over the summer either because they were in the mornings (and I work nights so I don't stay up that late in the day) or they were in the evenings and swim lessons got in the way.... so when I saw that the little church down the road was having them this week, in the evenings, and swim lessons are over, I thought it was great.... but she's sick so that sucks.

It's almost 7am and I need to get to bed. Lots to do and I don't want to sleep the day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.