Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Maintaining Balance


"People with great gifts are easy to find, but symmetrical and balanced ones never."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have struggled, for as long as I can remember, with maintaining balance in my daily life. I start out really gung-ho on a new project or a new lifestyle choice and then over time I get off-track. Usually something will happen to disrupt my new routine for a few weeks and I never can find my way back to the path I was on. This is very frustrating to me because I rarely finish anything that I start.

Yet, as I sit here typing this, I wonder if balance is ever attainable or even desirable. What is the driving force behind my desire for balance? I know I'd like to finish what I start, but why? Is it necessary to finish everything that we start? Maybe I'm not supposed to find my way back to that path I was on. Maybe I'm supposed to pick up and move on from where I find myself after life's disruptions.

I still haven't figured this out yet. Do you have any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.