Thursday, September 23, 2010

Last Day of Summer


I stuck my head out the door for a brief moment this afternoon and welcomed the warm breeze on my face. I, for a moment, thought it might be nice to hang out on the porch on our last day of truly summer temperatures. So, I got changed out of my PJ's and went outside. I grabbed my camera on the way out.

Once outside I swept the porch of the few dried leaves it's been collecting all week and cobwebs that have been left behind. I took a few shots of the one lone flower left on our property. Totally fitting that it should be a flower from a weed growing out of our junk pile. All of the other flowers have long since bloomed and gone.



I took a picture of the end-of-summer flower garden. It's Dancer's project and it always starts out the season well weeded and trimmed but by the end it's wild and over-grown. I really like the natural progression of it every year. Human's go through the same cycle's of being "well-weeded" and "trimmed" to wild and "over-grown." Why do we fight this cycle?



After all of that, I thought better of my desire to spend any more time outside. Even though it's quite breezy out today, it's still hot and I have too much housework to do inside.

Wild summer breeze
warms my core.
It is fleeting,
I know.
Seasons change,
time moves on.
I won't hold on too tightly,
I might miss all the new.
- L. J. Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.