Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumnal Equinox, More on Balance

So I have learned that nothing is by chance. So it shouldn't surprise me that just yesterday I blogged about balance and that tomorrow is the autumnal equinox, the celebration of Mabon, a time of celestial balance of equal balance of darkness and light.

Here are two prayers to meditate on through this time of celestial balance as we move into this new fall season.

Equal hours of light and darkness
we celebrate the balance of Mabon,
and ask the gods to bless us.
For all that is bad, there is good.
For that which is despair, there is hope.
For the moments of pain, there are moments of love.
For all that falls, there is the chance to rise again.
May we find balance in our lives
as we find it in our hearts.

A balance of night and day, a balance of light and dark
Tonight I seek balance in my life
as it is found in the Universe.
A black candle for darkness and pain
and things I can eliminate from my life.
A white candle for the light, and for joy
and all the abundance I wish to bring forth.
At Mabon, the time of the equinox,
there is harmony and balance in the Universe,
and so there shall be in my life.


No matter what your religious or spiritual path.  I can see ways to change these prayers to fit where you are or you could always just make up your own.  There is much to be grateful for.  Count your blessings every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.