Monday, April 17, 2006

God or the Girl

There's a new "reality" show on A&E called God or the Girl.  I was a bit skeptical about how God was going to be portrayed in the show but as it turns out I really think the show is wonderful.  There are 4 young men who are struggling with the decision to go into the seminary to become a Roman Catholic priest.

I am not Catholic, I am a New Testament Christian, but I still am enjoying the show and seeing the struggle these young men are having with deciding just where God is leading them in their lives.  And that is a common thread between us... seeking God's wisdom and purpose in our lives.

I just wanted to post on it because I have seen a few things here and there about some people not being happy with this new show, though I couldn't say if their opinions were made before the show even started.  I find the show very respectful and very thought provoking.  Would I carry an 80 pound cross 20 miles for wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.