Saturday, April 8, 2006

Book Club

Dancer and I joined a homeschool book club through the library. We're reading the book together... it's The Captain's Dog by Roland Smith. I've read most of it out-loud to her, she still has doubts about her reading ability (which I suspect is a result of Public School and the Accelerated Reading Program). We had a bit of catching up to do in the reading Wednesday before the talk on Thursday. Dodger read a bit of it to her that night after I left for work and she finished up on her own (yeah for her!) Thursday morning before the talk.

I caught up on the parts I hadn't read over the last few days. It's such a great book and I'm so glad that we're involved in the book club. We would have never picked up the book if it weren't for the club.

The library also has other book talks for kids as well as adults. There's one I'd love to sit in on but it's at the same time that our homeschool book club meets next. That talk is about Nickel and Dimed in America by Barbara Ehrenreich. Which I do have a copy of but just haven't read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.