Friday, February 3, 2006

Jehovah's Witnesses and Michael Jackson

So, I was watching a documentary about M. Jackson last night. It was very interesting. His childhood was really messed up beyond anything I ever knew.

Exposed to sexual abuse buy his brothers and father having sex with groupies in front of him when he was so very little. His father's jealousy of him and his physical abuse. And his mother's beliefs and living under the Law of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Huge inner conflicts that he never addressed and never recovered from. So it turned inward and eventually became deviant and expressed outward toward little boys (allegedly, of course). They even touched on why he's been so self-mutilating, especially with his nose.

I have always wondered just what was up with the Jehovah's Witness group. I now know. They live under the Law. They have so many rules and Laws to live under and if they break them then they are disfellowshiped and believe that God abandons them and they won't go to heaven.

I'm so glad I know the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ and about the gift of salvation. I'm so glad I know about grace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.