Saturday, February 10, 2024

I can stay in-touch with my family and friends by...

I can stay in-touch with my family and friends by...

reaching out when I think about them. Technology allows me multiple ways to stay in-touch with those I love. Sending a little text, sending an email, leaving a voicemail, just to let them know I'm thinking about them. It's important to let them know I'm interested in getting together, and making efforts to set-a-date for this to happen. Life moves so fast, and it's too easy to get caught up in the daily grind. Having boundaries between work and play is important for me to maintain connections with my family and friends. I love my career, however, when shit hits the fan, it's not going to be my career that's there to support me. I have a few trusted people in my life that I make the biggest efforts to stay in-touch with, and the rest I do my best to reach out once a month or so to connect with. Friends in my past are in my past for a reason. It is my hope that as I move along in building an active and big life for myself that I'll meet new friends along the way. I'd like to know a few couples from our dance class better, so that maybe we can all go social dancing sometime. Due to my social anxiety, it takes a lot of me to reach out to new people. Yet, here I am, talking myself into having a conversation with at least one of the regular couples in class...or even one of the new couples. And, I'll reach out to my mom today to talk about scheduling a crafting day with her soon, as this was something I suggested a few weeks ago, and she thought that was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.