Saturday, February 10, 2024

I can be courageous to express my feelings and to live a true to myself when...

I can be courageous to express my feelings and to live a true to myself when...

I'm not fighting my inner-selves. I have noticed as I've been in the recovery program of OA, that my inner-selves get along a whole lot better than they ever have. I've also  noticed that I judge myself a lot less, and that "true to myself" takes on a different meaning. It's "myselves"...meaning that the whole f me is involved because we know and respect each other's roles in navigating life. It was only once I started exploring my inner-selves, their needs, wants, desires, pains, etc, that I was able to begin to put aside other's expectations of me without being self-destructive and acting like a rebellious teenager. I am thankful for my rebellious teenager...she keeps me moving and not accepting the status quo. However, when I was living life from a place of fear and resentment and anger, my rebellious teenager was acting from those places, and that was causing more pain to myself and others. Now she plays a healthy role in my life, keeping me aware of when when my voice needs to be heard, by myself and others. She also takes care of my inner-children who want to play and have fun, not worrying about anything and exploring new things...like this journaling workshop I'm doing right now (which is where this writing prompt came from). So, to be true to myself, it's important that my inner-selves love and respect one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.