Thursday, July 23, 2009

My baby is a teenager!

Last year I posted Dancer's birth story here on my blog.

...So, what can I say. This beautiful girl, named after her dad and aunt (my sister) stormed into my world and my heart and took over. She’s the best kid. Never caused me any fuss. Is fun and quirky and a pure joy to be around (most of the time). Has changed me forever. Is so resilient, she doesn’t seem negatively affected by the time that it took me and her dad to get a life and grow up. I miss the littleness of her toddler years. I miss the silliness of her early childhood years. But I love her years now, she’s fun and quirky and doesn’t need watching all of the time (thank goodness that stage does eventually pass). Instead of her insights being cute like they were when she was little… now, I find many of them profound. That light in her eyes still glows brightly, thank God for her resilience, having been spared from the strangeness and worldliness that goes on in school now-a-days and from many of life’s pains that too many kids are exposed to (I think because both Dodger and I are from divorced families, that we worked harder at staying together, even through all of the shit we put each other through). She still loves imagination games and playing with boys, boys seem to be more into her imagination games. She’s taller than me now… just one more person in the house for me to ask for help in reaching things… lol. She loves sports, watching them and playing them. She loves animals and learning about places around the world...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Happy Birthing day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.