Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fasting... Day 8

I've been juice fasting for 8 days now. My summer cold was the catalyst for it, as having a cold in the summer really sucks. Because I had been sick for almost 2 weeks and hadn't eaten much, I thought it would be a good time to go right into the fast because my hunger pangs wouldn't be so bad. Usually the first 3 days of a fast are the toughest but because I hadn't eaten much over the past few weeks, it wasn't too bad.

I don't recommend fasting for anyone unless you've done some good reading on it. You'll get many differences of opinions on styles of fasting and how to fast... being it with water or juice... or ways to help with the colon elimination or not. I've read many things on the internet and in books. Two books I would recommend are "How to Keep Slim, Health & Young with Juice Fasting" by Dr. Paavo Airola and "The Miracle of Fasting" by Paul and Patricia Bragg.

I haven't had to use any artificial means to clean my colon... my system is still working... although many people will lose that urge when they fast. Some of the best advice on this is in Dr. Airola's book.

I used my juicer for the first time yesterday. I've had it for years but never used it. My DH picked up some collared greens and turnip greens the other day at the store... so I juiced some of those and added it to the veggie juice I had. Strong but very good.

I have so much more energy now. I feel lighter on my feet. My head is clear and even my vision seems brighter. My constant back pain has lessoned to the point where it's almost pain-free. I have lost a few pounds... assuming that some of those pounds were lost during the weeks when I was sick. It's at 5.5 lbs so far. I don't own a scale, but they weigh me when I donate plasma (which I did yesterday). So between 6/8 and 6/26, I've lost those lbs... not bad and not too fast either. I'll know the fast is ready to be completed when the fuzz on my tongue goes away.

After I complete this fast, I will be focusing on staying to a healthy (as we know... vegetarians can be unhealthy if they are eating junk in place of meat) vegetarian diet... with fish every now and then. I'd like to eventually go vegan... with fish. I don't believe animal dairy should be in our diets. It just causes too many problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.