Thursday, October 5, 2006

Another Unschooler... YEAH!

I have finally been blessed with meeting the only other unschooler that I know of in my area.  Dancer is taking a homeschooling sports class at LCC and her two kids are taking it, too.  I am so thrilled that I've finally been able to meet her and talk.  We've been exchanging emails for the past few weeks and it was nice to see that we had some common interests... as well as our kids having common interests, too.  We were instant friends... we have unschooling, gentle parenting, and an interest in natural health in common.

We talked all through the first session and Dancer wanted to stay for the second session to try out what the older group was going to do.  I was pretty happy that Dancer wanted to stay because I wanted to continue talking.

It was so great to so instantly feel at ease talking about my life and values... knowing that the person I was talking to has similar values and would respect any differences.  We talked about unschooling, parenting, relationships, health, fasting, church, religion, ...

So, needless to say... I'm even more at ease with my path... and know I have a 3D person around to share it with that will *understand*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.