Thursday, July 19, 2018

Illinois Mission of Mercy 2018


I volunteered at the Illinois Mission of Mercy today.

I'm not a dental professional, but the internship I have that pays for my graduate school tuition is at the state division of oral health (I wanted to do something very different than counseling for my internship).

It was a bonus that I could count my volunteer hours as a part of my work day since it's oral health related.




Because I'm not a dental professional, I volunteered in hospitality.  So, when other volunteers got hungry or thirsty, they would come down and get a snack or drink.  I kept things cleaned and well stocked.


Below is a video from the 2016 MOM.



I could go into a long rant about dental disparities.
I'll just say that we wouldn't need programs like this, and people wouldn't have to wait years for dental care, if changes were made at all levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Circa 1975 are moderated.